11 February 2012

Existing Buildings Alternative Compliance Ordinances

AIA Maui Members:

Hi All,
This letter is a request for examples of stumbling blocks you have come upon when trying to do architectural work in our towns on Maui.
Currently the building code, fire code, and zoning make it very hard to improve, expand, and alter existing properties in Maui towns.
I am working with WMSA on some "Existing Buildings Alternative Compliance Ordinances" to help facilitate improvements in our towns instead of regulating degradation.  Please, please, please if you have any experiences you would like to share with me, I am looking for case studies to use as examples to convince the county that "code relief" will be a good thing for the vitality and economic viability of our towns.  I am attaching a template that you could simply fill in and mail to me.
Thank you so much for your help.

Aloha,
Randy

Template

No comments:

Post a Comment